As fong makes clear the one child policy was not just a crime it was a blunder fertility would have fallen anyway as happened in other asian countries albeit not quite so far and fast. One child is a timely and informative look into chinas infamous effort to control its enormous population but mei fong has also given us a wry bittersweet and often very personal look at how courtship marriage birth and death interact in the post mao chinese family. Mei fong tells of her personal quest to have a child as she covers the many issues around chinas one child policy she is at her best in writing about the social changes that have resulted from 35 years of this policy. The guardian back to home one child the story of chinas most radical experiment by mei fong review a harrowing examination of social control one child is published by oneworld
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.